One could say that the Abacus is the forefather of the modern day computer. Based on the binary system of calculation, it is a time-tested tool to carry out complicated mathematical calculations. However, the Abacus is itself extremely simple. Using this frame with a set of beads on strings, you can perform the function of a complex electronic calculator. And what’s more after you master the use of the Abacus, you can just work with a mental image of this tool, matching the speed of any computer ! Every ancient civilization in the world used the Abacus. The Mesopotamian s, Egyptians, Greeks, Chinese, Japanese and Indians used this counting board, that evolved in different shapes and forms, but using the same principles of calculations.
Thus Salamis Abacus consists of Six Unique Techniques :-
1. Finger Math (Counting & Calculation up to 99)
2. Abacus (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Square, Square root, Cube, Cube roots) up to 99 crores with 10 digit decimal Places.
3. Mental Arithmetic: We train a child to solve arithmetic problems initially through abacus. Then with repeated practice of sums at the abacus an image of abacus is created in his mind. Ultimately the child can perform calculations in his mind without any physical abacus in front of him. With practice he will be able to do big calculations mentally.
BENEFITS OF MENTAL ARITHMETIC
a. Optimum exploration of the human brain resources.
b. Enhances calculation speed, improves student’s reactions.
c. Improves student’s creativity concentration and absorption power.
d. Builds up student confidence.
e. Builds up solid academic foundation.
4. Vedic Maths : Nearly two dozen number of amazing tricks to solve various types of mathematical calculations within a span of seconds. It’s miracle. It’s Arithmetic.It’s fast Calculation Vedic Mathematics is a set of tricks of short cut methods of fast calculations.It helps to enhance the calculating speed of students without electronic device.It helps you steer your career in competitive examinations. We not only explain the tricks like any book but we give immense practice to the salamis students so then they can use these tricks in their day to day calculation.
5. Table on fingers – unique concept to learn the tables till 99 on fingers.
6. Brain Teaser Activities
Example-1 You are participating in a race and you overtake the second position. On which position you finish the race ?
Example-2 Sheela have a problem. She want to write 100 and she have only 9 digit with her. How she write 100 from this ?